Rashaad Evans Foundation calling all future Media Moguls to attend Media Camp
On August 11, 2018, from 11-2pm, the Rashaad Evans Foundation will host its first annual media camp. The event is for boys and girls, ages 12 to 17, and most importantly, the event is free.
Rashaad Evans, or DJ Shaad Smooth, founder of The Rashaad Evans Foundation, is looking to host an event aimed at educating the most important people in New Orleans: our youth. If you, or your child, range in the age of 12-17 years old, and are interested in learning more about a career in media or broacasting, this is an event you do not want to miss.
Key issues to be discussed at the camp include:
- Overcoming obstacles through art and healthy lifestyle choices
- Developing mental health and mental wealth
- Educational enrichment
- Financial literacy
- The field of broadcasting (radio or television) and production
- The field of photography, branding, and videography
Key speakers featured at the camp include:
- Larry Morrow (Entrepreneur)
- Tara Johnson (Radio personality, Power 102.9)
- DJ G Cue (Radio personality and DJ, Power 102.9)
- Lora Lavigne (News anchor)
- Edward Buckles (Filmmaker & Director)
- Norman Locke (Broadcaster)
- Korey Jones (Videographer, Kojo Films)
It is important to shed light on that fact that everyone has a craft. Whether you learn to perfect your craft through school, or some other type of forum, it is neccesary that some type of platform is available to everyone. The success of our future generations depends on the community now, which is Evan’s focus. You never know how the simple words “you can do it” can change a child’s life.
“The goal of the camp is to show our city’s youth the occupational options available to them, before the world chooses their path,” says Evans.
The event will feature several giveaways for the participants, along with other surprises. The camp will take place at 1995 Gentilly Blvd., New Orleans, LA 70119. Entry is availble upon arrival, or you can RSVP here.