Jake Exavier is a hard-working Louisiana artist who deserves to be recognized!
This pandemic has kept everyone indoors. We took this as a chance to get to know a few people in the Louisiana music game. We were connected with Jake through JT the Publicist, and we’re glad that we did!
Check out our interview with Jake below and let us know what you think in the comments below.
1. Who Is Jake Exavier and when did you start it?
I’m a singer/songwriter from Zachary, La. I’m 22 and I’ve been singing and writing my own songs since I was about 6 years old.
2. What made you gravitate to R&B? and What artist inspired you the most?
R&B is what came natural for me. It’s what I grew up listening to, and it’s what I’ve always heard my family listening to. So, I’ve always just wanted to create the music I grew up loving and hearing on the radio.
3. What has been your most memorable performance thus far and why?
I’d say my most memorable performance would be last year (2019) at the Voodoo Festival. It was my first time feeling what it’s like to perform with a live band and perform music from my first EP, “Into You”.
4. In the future, do you plan on collaborating with any artist? If you could collaborate with a major artist who would it be?
Yes, I look forward to singing and also writing with many artists in the future. One artist in particular that I’d like to work with would have to be Ne-Yo. I think we could write a smash together!
5. What are you doing to stay connected with your followers during Covid 19?
Staying connected through social media! Going live and staying up on Instagram mostly!
6. Give me the details for the upcoming projects.
Unfortunately all of my performance dates have been pushed back because of the COVID-19 quarantine! I’ll be getting back out there as soon as this is all over with.
7. Where can people reach you on all platforms?
8. I saw online that your most recent song was “On My Way”, can you explain what that song means and how it came about.
“On My Way” is basically just describing a new relationship and the feelings that come with that. I just wanted to create a song that I know anyone could listen to. Everyone says “On My Way”.
9. What is your process for creating music, is there a certain vibe or setting for you to produce music and record?
Well, creating music for me is all about the vibe and feeling connected to whatever track I’m listening to. A lot of times I like to write in my car. Whether I’m sitting in my driveway or driving somewhere. That’s a place I just sing and let loose.
10. What do you want fans, readers, and listeners to get from your music?
I want people to hear the love stories, the melodies, the rhythms and be able to relate to the situations and feelings I’m singing about. I want to bring that back.